Saturday, October 1, 2016

Welcome to Coffeehouse Culture, where we spill the beans about the face behind the mug.

Hello everyone! And welcome to my blog, Coffeehouse Culture.


You may be thinking to yourself, what does coffeehouse culture mean? What beans are being spilled?

Well, if you have ever been to a coffee shop, cafe, diner, etc., I'm sure you have noticed all the unique and interesting people. My goal is to talk to these people, hear their story, share it with you, and "spill the beans" about their life.

I hope to find people whom I never thought I'd talk to or encounter in my life, and learn something new. I hope that by sharing people's stories we will all be able to be more aware about others cultures which we are not familiar with, and realize what we can learn from them.

"Why coffee?" you may ask. First off, coffee itself is so rich and full of culture. It has roots in Ethiopia, then moved east to Arabia and spread throughout the Middle East, then to Europe and lastly to the Americas.

Each region has its own sort of coffee. Kona coffee from Hawaii, Mexican coffee, Arabica coffee from the Caribbean, Robusta coffee from West Africa, Yemeni coffee from Yemen, Indonesian coffee, Vietnamese coffee, and the list goes on.

You can also go into roasts: light roasts, medium roasts (American and Breakfast blends), dark roasts (European, Espresso, Viennese, Italian, French), and all the roasts in between.

I could also go into the different ways to brew coffee, and the difference between espresso and regular coffee. However, I do not want to bore you to death.

I think you get the point that all coffee is different and unique. Much like people, coffee has its own story: its origin, how it got to where it is, how it became its final product, and the meaning it has carried with it on the way to where it ended up.

Every person has roots around the world, their own interesting culture and traditions. I am determined to get to the root of people's lives, to spread awareness on how important each individual is, and prove that we can learn from every person we walk past.

Coffee shops draw in a diverse set of people and is a perfect atmosphere to strike up a conversation with someone you have never met before, so that's why I chose coffee. 

I am so excited to see what I find on this journey, from coffee to culture, and I hope you are excited to follow me as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment